Graveside services for Bill Roper were held Saturday at Lee Memorial Park with Rev. Don Baggett officiating and his son, Grant Roper delivering family remarks. Lee Memorial Funeral Home was entrusted with the arrangements. Roper, 70, died on Thursday, Dec. 10, 2020, at his home. He was born Nov, 1, 1950 in Tupelo to Billy and Arvie Roper. He served in the MS National Guard. He was a lifelong member of Belden Baptist Church. A career salesman, he was co-owner of Roper Toyota, owner/operator of Fall Hollow Campground, B&B and Restaurant in Hohenwald, Tenn. and Campground Host at Big Bend National Park in Southwest Texas. He was a member of the Choctaw Aero Modelers Club, the Academy of Model Aeronautics, the Quarter Scale Pylon Racing Assoc. and the North MS Cruisers. He is survived by his wife of nearly 50 years, Kathy Roper of Tupelo; two sons, Grant Roper of Plantersville and Clay Roper of Belden; his mother, Arvie Roper of Tupelo; his brother, Tony Roper (Reeta) of Belden; three grandchildren, Sarah Roper, Savannah Roper and Ashton Roper; numerous cousins. He was preceded in death by his father, Billy Roper; his grandparents, T.W. and Novalee Wood and John and Reba Roper. Pallbearers were Ted Wood, Phil Wood, Frank Wood, Jeff Wade, Terry Wood and Tristam Roper.
- Lee County Jail becoming a “ticking time bomb”
- Life inside the male part of the Lee County Jail
- Walking Dead actor among those to be at Tupelo Furniture Market
- Playing the lottery
- Vendors wait for medical marijuana to be finally legalized in Mississippi
- Female felons mixed with misdemeanors in Lee County Jail
- Health officer: Mississippi seeing ‘4th wave’ of COVID cases
- Zito resurrects classic blues rock guitar
- Farmer fights against huge corporation
- Asian hornet look-alikes confuse Mississippians
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.