A few things today…
1. McNeil/Rhodes workers are installing the AMR electrical meters in the Audubon subdivision this week. Be prepared for lights out for about 10 minutes during the exchange. If you cover this, please let folks know that these workers are in McNeil/Rhodes (MR) marked vehicles and should have identification. Johnny Timmons, Director of Tupelo Water & Light, is your contact. I’ve attached a map of Audubon subdivision to this email for you.
2. City offices will be closed Monday, February 18th for Presidents Day.
3. City Council meeting will be Tuesday, February 19th at 6 p.m. We expect a full house for the Mayor’s State of the City address. This portion of the meeting will last approximately 15 minutes. I’m attaching an invitation that also outlines the Ward meetings during which the council member for the ward and the mayor will talk specifically to that ward. This in lieu of the large gathering at BancorpSouth Conference Center.
4. Work session, 4 p.m. Thursday, February 14th, Public Defender, Council Chambers.
5. Check with Memory’s Magical Dresses and Formal Wear. She’s setting up space at the mall in the former Charming Charlies to give away dresses and tuxedos for the prom. She’ll be open Feb. 23 and March 2 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. You can reach her at 662-687-2258 Tupelo Outreach Task Force is supporting this effort.