Christy McBrayer will be performing her one-woman play about the prodigal trip of a struggling southern actress returning from Hollywood to her hometown of Saltillo at the Link Centre to raise money for the Dr. R.B. Robison Education Resource Center on Friday, Aug. 9 at 7:30 p.m. “Southern Fried Chickie”, written and performed by Saltillo native McBrayer, is a one woman ten-character comedy romp that has been performed on stages in Los Angeles, New Orleans, Austin, Dallas, Roanoke and more while receiving critically acclaimed reviews along the way. Live music will accompany the show featuring local musicians Eric Stogner, Chance Moore and Kathy Gusmus-Brown. Christy is graciously donating proceeds from her performance to the Dr. R. B. Robison Educational Resource Center in Saltillo. Funds received will be used to provide free tutoring services for area students who are struggling academically. “Southern Fried Chickie” begins at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 9 at the Link Centre at 1800 Main Street in Tupelo. Tickets are $25 and may be purchased by visiting Eventbrite.com, or $30 at the door the night of the play. Please call 662/601-7329 for more details.
- Sex offender charged with felony child abuse
- UM Expert on Viruses Unpacks COVID-19 for Nonscientists
- Mooreville female stabbed by career criminal
- Use common sense, we’ll get through this
- Best of Best is in racks
- Lee County Jail cancels visitatation to keep virus from reaching staff, inmates
- Motive unclear in Skyline shooting that leaves one dead, one critical
- Sheriff appeals to public “don’t trash Lee County”
- Use caution but don't panic
- Wedding on hold after man shoots his fiancée
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.